Chapman Cultural Center Artist Grants
The Community Grants Program awards up to $5, 000 per application and is open to both individual artists and non-profits/government agencies. Mediums supported include performing, visual, literary, crafts, and folk arts.
Our grants committee will review and score each complete application (incomplete applications will not be considered). Their funding recommendations will be given to the Chapman Cultural Center’s Board of Trustees for a vote, and once that vote has passed, applicants will be contacted with the results. In general, the review and voting process takes about one month’s time from the date of the application deadline, so please allow a minimum of 30 days to get the results.
Grants are available only to professional artists over the age of 18 that reside within Spartanburg County.
**_Individual artists_** may apply for funds to help with:
- Equipment purchase/rental
- Travel/research expenses for a new project
- Master-level workshops/skill development opportunities (non degree-earning classes)
- Marketing /promotion
- Public art projects (may not be on private property)
- Much more…see application for the full breadth of funding opportunities.